Business insurance for chefs

Get covered for less. Superscript has partnered up with Killer Chefs to provide their chefs with customisable business insurance by monthly subscription.
In partnership with

Tailored cover for chefs

Bespoke cover as a flexible monthly subscription. Only pay for what you need and make changes as your business evolves.

Customise your cover

To simplify things, we've categorised our covers into three groups: essential covers, professional covers, and management covers. You'll be guided through these different options during the quotation process.

Essential covers

per month

Essential for all businesses needing protection against bodily injury and lost or damaged property.

Professional covers

per month

Protect against risks associated with the professional services you provide and the way you market your business.

Management cover

per month

Protect your management and shareholders against the operational risks associated with running a company.

Boost your cover from £2.80 per month

Legal protection insurance

Covers compensation awards, professional fees and legal costs associated with a range of legal disputes.


What should I select as my “business type”?

You can select from 3 options.

Limited company - An organization that is set up in order to run your business and is registered with Companies House. The finances used to run the company are separated from your personal finances, additionally the company has its own tax and legal obligations it must fulfill outside of you as an individual.

Partnership - A partnership is when two or more individuals enter into business together with the intent to share the profits generated by their work.

Sole trader - A self-employed individual who chooses to conduct business as an individual and does not have any partners or shareholders.

It is expected that most chefs will be sole traders. Occasionally, chefs will have set up their own limited company.

What cover limit should I select?

As a chef you will need to select our public liability insurance product.

What cover limit should I select?

Chefs requires that you have a minimum cover limit of £1M.

What should I enter when asked to add each of the premises I operate from?

Unless you have a business premises, you should enter your home address.

We insure thousands of innovative businesses

Check out our latest posts

Authorised by the FCA

The FCA supervises UK financial services firms to protect consumers. We are directly authorised and regulated by the FCA and our Firm Reference Number is 656459. These details can be confirmed on the Financial Services Register at or by calling the FCA on 0845 606 1234.

A-rated financial strength

Our insurance products are underwritten by Standard & Poor’s A-rated financial strength or higher. This means the underwriter has been independently assessed by the world’s leading credit rating provider and found to have a strong capacity to meet financial commitments (pay claims).

Protected by the FSCS

If you are a business with an annual turnover under £1m, charity with an annual income under £1m, or trust with net assets under £1m, then you will be entitled to compensation from the FSCS in the unlikely event we cannot meet our obligations. Full details and further information on the scheme are available at