Business insurance for Wishu Creatives

We've partnered with Wishu to bring their creative community 10% off their business insurance.
In partnership with

Freelancer insurance quote

per month

What insurance do freelancers need?

At minimum, freelancers typically need to consider professional indemnity insurance and public liability insurance.

  • Professional indemnity covers the advice-side of the work that you do.
  • Public liability provides protection if a member of a public is injured or their property damaged by you, while you're working.

Other covers, such as business contents insurance and legal protection insurance, are also popular choices for freelancers.

  • Pay by the month
  • Change your cover anytime
  • Make changes without fees
  • Instant documents

Get a freelancer insurance quote in less than 10 minutes

Adapt or cancel your cover at any time. No penalties.

Cover for freelancers

Professional indemnity insurance

Clients pay for your knowledge and expertise, but what if you make a mistake? This is what professional indemnity insurance is for. If your advice causes your client to lose money, you could face a lawsuit, with legal costs and compensation to pay. Superscript's professional indemnity cover comes with media liability cover as standard, which means you're also covered for accidental copyright infringement.

Public liability insurance

Whether you're working from a home office, a client's office or even out and about, public liability insurance provides protection for if you cause accidental injury or property damage to a member of the public while you're working.

Business contents insurance

Whatever kit you rely on, be it a laptop, filming or other technical equipment, having it lost, stolen or damaged could leave out with a deep hole in your pocket. Business contents insurance, gives you the ability to have your broken or stolen equipment fixed or replaced.

Legal protection insurance

Unlike large companies with in-house legal teams, self-employed professionals don't have the convenience of specialist legal support. Legal protection insurance gives you access to specialist commercial legal support, a lifeline if you ever face a legal dispute or have questions about tax issues, such as IR35.

Cyber insurance

A cover often dismissed as irrelevant to smaller businesses, cyber insurance may be relevant for you, if your work involves handling a large amount of data. It provides protection in the form of specialist support and compensation in the event of cyber breach.

Terms & Conditions

The 10% discount is available to any Wishu creative freelancer taking out a new business policy with Superscript; it will not be granted in conjunction with any other offer, voucher or discount, excluding unique referral codes from our Refer-A-Friend programme which can be used in conjunction with the Wishu discount. The 10% discount applies for 1-year only from the inception date of the initial policy.

We've made insuring your business simple. Get started.

Freelancers insurance FAQs

What insurance do freelancers need?

Popular covers for UK-based freelancers include:

Other covers, such as business contents insurance and legal protection insurance, are also popular choices.

Do freelancers need professional indemnity insurance?

Even though professional indemnity insurance isn’t a legal requirement for freelancers, clients will often require you to have it. Furthermore, the potential cost of a claim against you could be devastating, so you may decide that it's therefore worth having for this reason alone.

Do freelancers need public liability insurance?

Although public liability insurance isn’t a legal requirement for freelancers, it’s a popular choice for a two key reasons: 1. Incidents leading to accidental injury and property damage cannot be predicted and can result in costly claims against you. 2. Some clients may expect you to have it.

Customise your cover

To simplify things, we've categorised our covers into three groups: essential covers, professional covers, and management covers. You'll be guided through these different options during the quotation process.

Essential covers

per month

Essential for all businesses needing protection against bodily injury and lost or damaged property.

Professional covers

per month

Protect against risks associated with the professional services you provide and the way you market your business.

Management cover

per month

Protect your management and shareholders against the operational risks associated with running a company.

Boost your cover from £10.08 per month

Legal protection insurance

Covers compensation awards, professional fees and legal costs associated with a range of legal disputes.

We insure thousands of innovative businesses

Check out our latest posts

Authorised by the FCA

The FCA supervises UK financial services firms to protect consumers. We are directly authorised and regulated by the FCA and our Firm Reference Number is 656459. These details can be confirmed on the Financial Services Register at or by calling the FCA on 0845 606 1234.