In partnership with

Business insurance for WriteUpp clinicians.

Healthcare insurance Healthcare insurance

Flexible business insurance
Pay monthly
Takes less than 10 minutes
Step 1

Get a quote in 4 minutes


Tell us about your business

Based on this, we’ll help you find the cover you need.


Customise your cover

Build a policy that reflects what you do now, knowing you can make changes later.


Buy now, or save your quote for later

Your quote is good for 30 days.

What insurance do I need?

Our insurance for health and wellness clinicians includes a highly specialist healthcare professional cover, as well as other important covers that will help you run your practice with confidence.

Healthcare professional insurance

This specialist cover provides a 3-tiered protection that includes medical malpractice, professional indemnity and public liability insurance – all in one policy.

Medical malpractice insurance

Working with health and wellness comes with lots of responsibility. Medical malpractice insurance protects you against allegations of medical negligence in the treatments or advice you provide, such as misdiagnosis and physical or mental damage.

Public liability insurance

Regular contact with clients means you’re exposed to a certain element of risk. Public liability insurance can protect you against compensation claims, covering your legal costs if you accidentally cause an injury to a member of the public or damage their property in the course of your work.

Professional indemnity insurance

Professional indemnity insurance protects you against claims for financial loss caused by errors or omissions in the services you provide.

Content and equipment insurance

You may also want to cover all the specialist physical equipment you use, such as treatment beds – as well as portable tools like laptops and smartphones.


What should I select as my “business type”?

You can select from 3 options:

Limited company – An organisation that's set up in order to run your business and is registered with Companies House. The finances used to run the company are separated from your personal finances, and the company has its own tax and legal obligations it must fulfill outside of you as an individual.

Partnership – A partnership is when two or more individuals enter into business together with the intent to share the profits generated by their work.

Sole trader – Someone who chooses to conduct business as a self-employed individual and does not have any partners or shareholders.

Most WriteUpp clinicians will be sole traders. Occasionally, WriteUpp clinicians will have set up their own limited company.

What should I select as my “primary business activity”?

This should relate specifically to the services you provide via WriteUpp. For example:

If you provide stress/anxiety clinics or massage, meditation, mindfulness, yoga or pilates services, please select Complementary Therapies.

If you provide physiotherapy services, please select Physiotherapists.

What should I enter when asked to add each of the premises I operate from?

Unless you have a business premises, you should enter your home address.

What should I enter when asked to add the name of my business?

If you don't have a business name or a limited company, you should use your own name. If you have a limited company, you can use the registered name of this business. You shouldn't use the name WriteUpp.

Learn more about what details to enter when getting out a business insurance quote.

We insure thousands of innovative businesses

Individual cover purchased online is offered on a standardised, non-advised basis and is not bespoke. Terms, conditions and coverage limits are predetermined by the Underwriter. If you require bespoke coverage offered on an advised basis, please contact our in-house broking team.

Authorised by the FCA

The FCA supervises UK financial services firms to protect consumers. We are directly authorised and regulated by the FCA and our Firm Reference Number is 656459. These details can be confirmed on the Financial Services Register at or by calling the FCA on 0845 606 1234.

A-rated financial strength

Our insurance products are underwritten by Standard & Poor’s A-rated financial strength or higher. This means the underwriter has been independently assessed by the world’s leading credit rating provider and found to have a strong capacity to meet financial commitments (pay claims).

Protected by the FSCS

If you are a business with an annual turnover under £1m, charity with an annual income under £1m, or trust with net assets under £1m, then you will be entitled to compensation from the FSCS in the unlikely event we cannot meet our obligations. Full details and further information on the scheme are available at