19 January, 26 January and 2 February 2022
Hot on the heels of our first eSports event in 2021, Unbound is born. The tournament is open to all London insurance and reinsurance companies, brokers, adjuster, law firms and any business in the insurance ecosystem.
When’s it happening?
19 & 26 January 2022
2 February 2022
Always on a Wednesday, always kicking off at 7.30pm.
Who can enter?
The tournament is open to all London insurance and reinsurance companies, brokers, adjusters, law firms, insurtechs and any businesses involved in the insurance ecosystem.
How to enter
How much does it cost?
Entry costs £250, plus VAT, per team.
Every penny of all the entry fees is added to the charity pot and split between the chosen charities of the winning team from each tournament section, as well as our chosen charity, Rewilding Britain.
What are we playing?
This year, after much heated debate, we've chosen two awesome games: Call of Duty: Warzone and FIFA.
Participating companies can enter up to four teams for each game, consisting of four players plus one optional substitute.
Our chosen charity - Rewilding Britain
Who are Rewilding Britain?
Rewilding Britain is a sustainability charity that aims to advocate for government policy and legislative changes which enable, and provide financial support for, rewilding and nature-enhancing land and marine uses across 30% of Britain by 2030.
What is rewilding?
Rewilding involves restoring ecosystems to the point where nature can take care of itself. Rewilding has many benefits, including drawing down carbon from the atmosphere, helping wildlife adapt to climate change, reversing biodiversity loss and improving overall health and wellbeing.
What are Rewilding Britain advocating for?
Rewilding Britain aims to:
- Mandate and support all National Parks, protected areas and state-owned land to create core rewilding zones across at least 10% of their area and nature recovery areas across at least 50%.
- Double the area of tree cover and ‘woodland in the making’ from 13% to 26% using natural regeneration as a priority approach
- Expand the UK’s network of Marine Protected Areas (MPA) to at least 30% of our inshore and offshore waters and establish active measures to regulate and enforce this protection
- Ensure the future Environmental Land Management Scheme, and devolved government equivalents, explicitly provide funding for rewilding and nature enhancing large-scale land-use change
- Invest in and support a transition towards climate-resilient, nature-based local economies that sustain vibrant rural communities as part of a wider green recovery.
- Enshrine and enforce this ambition within a clear policy and regulatory frameworks, with sufficient financial support, e.g. through the Environment Acts, Agriculture Acts and Fisheries Acts
For Warzone, crossplay will be enabled and is open to PS4, PS5, PC, Xbox Series X and Xbox One players. There will be two separate FIFA Tournaments to make sure that both console and PC players can participate.
While Superscript will be supporting Rewilding Britain. you're welcome to support any charity you wish. Once your team is entered, please create a Just Giving page in support of your charity of choice and drum up some noise about it to your wider network!
All the money raised through your Just Giving page will go directly to the charity, with the chance of being topped up at the end of the tournament - depending on how well your team does. If you finish 1st in any division, your charity also gets a portion of the profits of the tournament.