Insurance for salons Insurance for salons

Subscription-based, monthly cover for salons. The Salon Magazine readers get 10% off.

Still under contract?

Sign up for an email nudge when your current cover expires.

Ultimate flexibility

Choose the perfect mix of covers in one subscription - change it anytime, for free

Public and product liability

Covers claims to do with physical damage or injury to anyone or anything that doesn't involve an employee.

Employers' liability insurance

If you have employees, employers' liability insurance is a legal requirement.

Personal accident cover

If you suffer from an accident which means you can't take care of your shop for a while, personal accident cover could give you compensation until you get back on your feet.

Buildings, contents and stock cover

This type of cover protects your building, its contents and your stock from damage and theft.

Portable equipment

This protects your portable equipment including accessories anywhere in the UK and when temporarily removed anywhere in the world.

Business interruption

Cover for lost income due to physical damage to your property such as a flood.


Cover if there is interruption to your business caused by terrorism.

Terms & Conditions

The 10% off offer is available to any customer taking out a new business policy with Superscript; it will not be granted in conjunction with any other offer, voucher or discount, excluding unique referral codes from our Refer-A-Friend programme which can be used in conjunction with the Salon Magazine offer.


How much does hair and beauty insurance cost?

For basic product and public liability insurance, our cover starts at £17.62 including insurance premium tax (IPT).

I already have insurance, is it easy to switch?

To switch to us from another insurer you'll need to let your current insurer know that you're leaving them and start a policy with us.

When building your quote with Superscript, you can set a day that you want your policy to start, so you're never without business insurance.

Is building and contents insurance tax deductible?

Yes – in the UK, building and contents insurance is an allowable expense, which means you can deduct this cost from your taxable profit.

How much cover do I need?

When working out how much cover you need, it's worth calculating how much it would be to cover the costs associated with various claims and choose the level of insurance that would cover this.

The associated costs will be different for various claims and could include legal fees, compensation, repairing or replacing items and rebuilding property, which also includes builders' fees, materials, surveryors' fees and debris removal.

What excess will I pay on hair and beauty salon insurance?

An excess is the amount paid to the insurer when a claim is made.

Here are some excess rates that you may have to pay when making a claim on your shop insurance:

  • Damage caused by flood, subsidence, ground heave or landslip – £1,500
  • Damage to glass, shop front or frozen or chilled stock – £100
  • Damage to third party property – £250
  • All other damage – £250

Can I also get cover for my online shop?

Yes, we also cover online retailers. There's no need to select multiple business activities when building a quote – when selecting your shop type in our quote builder, you'll also be covered to sell things online, as long as you are selling the same products as the activity alludes to.However, we're unable to cover shops that sell items in the US and Canada.

What are the benefits of paying monthly for business insurance?

Paying for your insurance by monthly subscription can have a few advantages for your business. Here are just a few:

  • Paying in smaller increments as opposed to a large annual fee can help you manage cash flow
  • You're not locked-in to an annual contract, which means you can adapt or cancel your cover at any time for no extra cost
  • It gives you the flexibility to change your cover from one month to the next, which comes in handy if you are a new business
  • You only pay for what you need – some annual contracts will bundle cover together, but our monthly subscription lets you select the covers that are applicable to your business so you're never over or under insured.

To learn more, read our guide on the advantages and disadvantages of monthly insurance.