Essential cover

Office insurance

Protect your office, its assets and operations. Our all-in-one customisable office policy enables you to protect your business risks whether you’re at the office, on the go, or working from home.

Office insurance quote

per month

What is office insurance?

Office insurance is designed to protect you against the costs and disruption to your business following an unexpected event.

Adversities such as a fire, flood or burglary can be disastrous and expensive to manage. Business insurance can be a lifeline when you’re trying to recover and rebuild.

  • Office buildings and contents cover, at work and on the move
  • Covers essential liabilities and legal costs
  • All-in-one policy makes it easy to manage your cover
  • Business interruption cover available

Get office insurance in less than 10 minutes

Cover for your premises and contents anywhere in the UK.

How office insurance can help your business


Full protection

Our cover enables you to protect your risks in one easy-to-manage policy. From damage to your workplace, right through to your public and employer liabilities, we’re here to make sure you have the support you need to keep your business moving forward when reliability matter most.


Support, when you need it most

If disaster strikes and you’re facing downtime, our advanced protection may help. It covers downtime caused by events such as fire and flooding. Your cover includes loss of revenue and the increased cost of working your business incurs, so that you can get back up and running without skipping a beat.


Cover for your buildings

We’ve included protection for your buildings whether you own or lease. We are here to help fix your workplace in case of events such as fire, flood and subsidence. If your workplace is essential to your business operations, this cover is for you.

What does office insurance cover?

Pick from a range of covers to create the protection you need.

Public liability insurance

Public liability insurance is designed to protect against legal and compensation costs for any accidents that your business is liable for, injuring or causing damage to the property of clients, suppliers, or members of the public. Unlike some policies, our public liability insurance covers your liability to your landlord or co-working space if you accidentally damage the premises you rent or hire (including fixtures and fittings). We can offer up to £5 million public liability cover.

'Employers' liability insurance

Employers' liability insurance (EL) is a legal requirement for UK companies, even if you only hire contractors, temporary or part-time staff. Our employers liability insurance provides £10 million cover and automatically covers your employees when they work from home or travel anywhere in the world.

Portable and electronic equipment

This covers your portable and electronic equipment (including accessories) for accidental loss or damage anywhere in the UK and while temporarily removed anywhere in the world.

Buildings insurance

If you own the premises, we can cover the buildings. If you lease the premises, we can cover the fit-out as well as your landlord's fixtures and fittings.

We also provide rent payable cover, which covers you if you are required to continue paying rent to your landlord in the case of an insured property damage event.

Business contents insurance

Business contents insurance covers items and equipment that are integral to the running of your business, such as your laptop, phone, and documents, etc. Whether you work in an office, coworking space or remotely – our policy covers the costs of damaged or stolen equipment.

Business interruption insurance

This covers your loss of revenue following an insured accident at your premises, so that you can get back to work without losing days of time and money.

Money insurance

Covers the cash you hold, whether it's at your premises, a safe location, or in transit to another safe location. We can offer you up to £3,500 for any single loss on premises during working hours, in transit or while secure in a bank safe.

Legal defence costs

Covers legal costs and expenses arising from a breach of health and safety regulations, consumer protection and food safety acts, as specified in your policy wording.

We've made insuring your business simple. Get started.

Office insurance FAQs

Do I need office insurance?

Our comprehensive office cover provides you with insurance for a variety of risks your business faces.

Covers like property damage, business interruption and transit insurance are important for many businesses, as these losses can be unaffordable without insurance.

Some covers may also be legally or contractually required, such as public liability insurance or employers liability insurance.

What is the excess on this cover?

This will vary depending on the nature of your claim. Some claims won't have any excess and others will. For details, please see your policy schedule.

How much does office insurance cost?

Office insurance with Superscript starts at £16.95 a month, but this will depend very much on your business and the risks it needs cover for.

Does office insurance cover me and my employees working from home?

Yes! Our insurance is flexible. Whether you and your employees are in the office, at home, or travelling for work, we can cover you.

My business doesn't involve much interaction with the public. Do I still need public liability insurance?

Even if your business is office-based, you’ll no doubt have clients or members of the public visiting you from time to time, or perhaps your employees attend work events. If an accident happens, either on your premises, or as a result of your activities elsewhere, you could be held liable, with serious financial repercussions for your business.

Customise your cover

To simplify things, we've categorised our covers into three groups: essential covers, professional covers, and management covers. You'll be guided through these different options during the quotation process.

Essential covers

per month

Essential for all businesses needing protection against bodily injury and lost or damaged property.

Professional covers

per month

Protect against risks associated with the professional services you provide and the way you market your business.

Management cover

per month

Protect your management and shareholders against the operational risks associated with running a company.

Boost your cover from £10.08 per month

Legal protection insurance

Covers compensation awards, professional fees and legal costs associated with a range of legal disputes.

We insure thousands of innovative businesses

Check out our latest posts

Authorised by the FCA

The FCA supervises UK financial services firms to protect consumers. We are directly authorised and regulated by the FCA and our Firm Reference Number is 656459. These details can be confirmed on the Financial Services Register at or by calling the FCA on 0845 606 1234.