Digital Risks is now Superscript.
Find out more.

Essential cover

Business contents insurance quote

per month

What does business contents insurance cover?

Essential cover for any business, office contents and equipment insurance protects computers, laptops or more technical machinery, documents, cash and your office contents from theft or damage.

  • Worldwide cover
  • New-for-old replacement
  • Fast claims service
  • Covers co-working spaces

Get cover for your business equipment in less than 10 minutes

Covers your equipment anywhere in the UK, plus worldwide, for up to 90 days per year.

Benefits of our contents and equipment insurance


Protect your kit

Whether it’s your laptop, phone, meeting table or specialist device – any loss or damage is a headache that you could do without. Our business office contents insurance will cover the costs for repair or replace your essential equipment so that you’re up and running again in no time.


Covers remote work

Many businesses today work remotely. Our policy covers your portable equipment, such as laptops and tablets, as standard.


Co-working space cover

Most insurers don't cover belongings in a coworking space. We do. Most policies have an exclusion for damage while the premises are unoccupied for more than 45 days. We’ve extended this to 90 days.

Contents and equipment insurance guide

Find out more about business contents insurance, the risks it covers and what to look out for in a policy.

What is contents and equipment insurance?

Contents and equipment insurance covers the integral parts of your business, such as your laptop, phone, and documents, etc. Whether you work in an office, co-working space or remotely – our policy covers the costs of damaged or stolen equipment. We are one of the very few insurers to cover your belongings in a co-working space – all you need to do is keep them locked up while unattended.

Who is office contents insurance for?

Whether you’re a one-person business, small business or an established operation, all businesses benefit from office contents insurance/contents and equipment insurance. Our advanced protection covers the costs so that your business can get back to work without losing days of time and money.

How to keep your contents and equipment safe in coworking space

For businesses based in a coworking or shared workspace, your business contents policy is only valid if your belongings are securely locked while unattended. Use a Kensington Lock to protect laptops and monitors when you’re not around. For other items, make sure you use a locker, or a lockable desk drawer. If some of your insured equipment is located at your premises that is now unoccupied you might want to consider additional measures to prevent it from getting damaged.

What to watch out for in an office and equipment policy?

When purchasing your business equipment insurance policy, be aware that cover limits should be based on the replacement value of your contents, rather than the market value. Also, don’t forget to include any leased items in your totals. If your business rents an office, check with your landlord before buying business contents cover, as you may find that you’re partially covered through their business insurance.

We've made insuring your business simple. Get started.

Business contents insurance FAQs

What level of this cover does my business need and how much will it cost me?

It might seem obvious, but it all depends on how much equipment and other contents you’ve got to insure. You need to work out, in the worst case scenario, how much would it cost to replace everything in your office? That includes any cash.

Similarly, for portable equipment insurance, you need to define how much it would cost to replace the portable equipment you usually take out and about with you. For this element, it’s also important to define the territory within which you want to be covered (be that the UK only, Europe or worldwide), as this will also affect the cost of your cover.

What excess would I need to pay?

Our online office contents and personal equipment policy has a standard excess of £100 per claim. All other expenses and costs will be covered on our side. Please be aware, however, that for offline advised clients who have tailor-made policies, the excesses do vary depending on the risk.

What else should I do to protect my belongings?

Insurance is your last line of defence, but it’s obviously preferable if your belongings stay safe and sound in the first place. This is where taking the right preventative measures come in. Make sure you keep your office locked whenever there’s nobody around or, if you’re hot-desking, don’t leave anything valuable unattended - that’s what lockers are for.

Protecting your portable belongings can be trickier, but ensure you lock your device with a password to secure your data, activate ‘find my phone’ functionality, and if you do get caught out, inform the police as soon as you can.

Customise your cover

To simplify things, we've categorised our covers into three groups: essential covers, professional covers, and management covers. You'll be guided through these different options during the quotation process.

Essential covers

per month

Essential for all businesses needing protection against bodily injury and lost or damaged property.

Select from:

Professional covers

per month

Protect against risks associated with the professional services you provide and the way you market your business.

Select from:

Management covers

per month

Protect your management and shareholders against the operational risks associated with running a company.

Select from:

Boost your cover from £10.08 per month

Commercial legal protection

Covers compensation awards, professional fees and legal costs associated with a range of legal disputes.

We insure thousands of innovative businesses

Check out our latest posts

Authorised by the FCA

The FCA supervises UK financial services firms to protect consumers. We are directly authorised and regulated by the FCA and our Firm Reference Number is 656459. These details can be confirmed on the Financial Services Register at or by calling the FCA on 0845 606 1234.