Insurance that's simply... beautiful
From dermal fillers to microblading, aesthetic treatments can be a staple of your beauty business, but it can also be hard to find the right insurance. So we've built a set of covers, specifically designed for aesthetics businesses.
Why choose Superscript for aesthetic treatment insurance?
We are proud to offer customisable insurance to the 1,000s of beauty therapists across the UK offering invasive and non-invasive aesthetics treatments.
• Cover for a range of invasive and non-invasive treatments
• Up to £5 million of cover if a client is injured by a treatment
• Add public liability, employers' liability and personal accident cover
• Plus up to £10,000 of equipment cover
• Enjoy five-star rated customer service and claims support
• Amend your policy at any point with no additional fee
• Pay monthly or annually, it’s your choice
• Instantly download your policy documents.
What isn't covered by aesthetic treatment insurance?
We'd love to be able to cover every situation an aesthetic beauty therapist might encounter but, as with all insurance policies, there are some things we cannot cover:
- Any legal liability arising in connection with facial skin needling involving Lipostabil, Flabjab, Lipomelt, Liposdissolve, Fat-Away, Aqualyx, Essentiale, Cellfina or Celluerase
- Any expenditure involved in recalling or making a refund for goods or materials supplied
- Tattooing or sunbed treatments where the customer has not signed a consent release document
- Any legal expenditure connected to prescribing any prescription-only medication to any client under the age of 18
- Any legal liability in connection with any condition associated with HIV or AIDS.
Once you've completed a quote, you'll be able to view a summary of cover. Please always refer to your policy documents for full details around exclusions, terms and limits of your customised cover. Read our guide to understanding your policy documents.
What aesthetic treatments are covered?
We're big on fairness. So if you find a lower price for a comparable quote, we won't just match it – we'll go one better and beat it.
So even better than apples to apples, apples to better apples. We're talking Galas to Braeburns.
As you'd expect, T&Cs apply.
A dedicated claims team, with you every step of the way
Enjoy peace of mind with a dedicated claims handler focused on providing you with five-star support if you need to make a claim. Our UK-based team will acknowledge your claim within just 24 hours and reach out to request any extra information within 48 hours.
Aesthetic treatment insurance FAQs
The cost of your policy will depend on a number of factors, including:
- Where you work
- What aesthetic treatments you offer
- Whether you employ anyone (for example to administer treatments or run your reception)
- What other covers you wish to include in your policy
While most insurance is optional rather than mandatory, many self-employed professionals opt for public liability as well as treatment cover for the specific treatments they offer.
Self-employed aesthetic beauty therapists who employ other practitioners will, in most cases, be legally required to have employers' liability insurance.
Most insurance is optional rather than mandatory. An exception to this is employers' liability cover, which is a legal requirement for most UK businesses with employees. Despite this, the majority of businesses that have lots of contact with clients consider public liability an essential, as many would be unable to afford an uninsured claim.
If you need buildings and contents insurance for your beauty salon, check out our beauty salon insurance page, which gives more details about our customisable product for salons.
Unfortunately, we're unable to offer aesthetic treatment cover and buildings cover for salons together.
Yes, our public liability insurance can cover mobile beauty therapists. When it comes to aesthetic treatment cover, we can insure mobile beauty therapists offering many treatments, but sadly we cannot cover mobile tattoo artists.
Our public liability insurance covers you for injury to your client (or any member of the public) or damage to their property caused by any factor in your work other than the treatment you're providing. Public liability can cover injuries caused by things like slips and trips in your salon or damage caused by a drink being spilled on a customers phone.
Your treatment cover will be the part of your policy that covers injury to a client as a result of the beauty treatments you offer.
Yes, if you have equipment cover, your equipment will be covered while in transit. To be covered while your car is unattended, the vehicle must be locked and you can choose to add additional cover for your equipment in a locked vehicle overnight.
Authorised by the FCA
The FCA supervises UK financial services firms to protect consumers. We are directly authorised and regulated by the FCA and our Firm Reference Number is 656459. These details can be confirmed on the Financial Services Register at www.fca.org.uk or by calling the FCA on 0845 606 1234.
A-rated financial strength
Our insurance products are underwritten by Standard & Poor’s A-rated financial strength or higher. This means the underwriter has been independently assessed by the world’s leading credit rating provider and found to have a strong capacity to meet financial commitments (pay claims).
Protected by the FSCS
If you are a business with an annual turnover under £1m, charity with an annual income under £1m, or trust with net assets under £1m, then you will be entitled to compensation from the FSCS in the unlikely event we cannot meet our obligations. Full details and further information on the scheme are available at www.fscs.org.uk.