Insurance for artists

Flexible cover for artists and musicians whether selling online, exhibiting or performing in person. Public liability, equipment cover and more, by monthly subscription.

Not sure where to start?

Find out what covers businesses like yours choose

Artists insurance quote

per month

What does artist insurance cover?

Whether you're working at home, in your studio, performing in person or selling online, we've got cover to protect your business. And if your circumstances change from time to time, you can update your cover so that you're only ever paying for what you need.

  • Artist cover to meet your needs
  • Commitment-free monthly cover
  • No admin fees for making changes
  • No cancellation fees

Get cover for your business in less than 10 minutes

Change or cancel cover at any time. No penalties.

What insurance do I need as an artist?

Public liability insurance

Public liability for an artist will protect you against claims of accidental injury or property damage by members of the public. If you interact with couriers who are delivering your supplies, organise photoshoots for your work or invite customers to pick up their order, you may want to consider this type of insurance. It's designed to cover the legal and compensation costs associated with a claim involving a member of the public.

Contents and equipment insurance

Business contents insurance is to cover all the physical equipment you need to run your business, from instruments, art supplies, laptops or special equipment and tools you use. Our policy will cover the costs for repair or replacement of your essential equipment so that you’re up and running again in no time. Our mobile protection will also cover your insured contents and equipment anywhere in the world for up to 90 days.

Media liability insurance

Automatically included with our cyber covers, media liability covers you for negligence in your communications over online and offline media, including social media, blogs, websites and advertising. Our policy covers for infringement of intellectual property, copyright infringement, breach of comparative advertising regulations, and privacy and confidentiality laws.

Employers liability insurance

Employers liability (EL) cover is a legal requirement for UK companies that employ staff. With our monthly subscription model it's easy to make changes to your cover as your business evolves or your business grows.

Cyber insurance

If you have an online shop or hold any personal data (for example, contact and payment information) you should think about cyber insurance. It protects sellers from claims arising from cyber and data liability as well as provides a vital support system if you experience a security breach.

We've made insuring your business simple. Get started.

Artists insurance FAQs

Do I need public liability insurance for a show or exhibition?

Although public liability insurance isn't a legal requirement in the UK, you may find that the organiser of a show or exhibition will require you to have public liability cover. If you only need it from time-to-time, our monthly subscription model means that you don't need to worry about being bound to an annual contract over months when you don't need cover.

How much public liability cover do I need?

Sometimes this is dictated by the owner of an event, or pop up space, but we offer a choice between £1m, £2m or £5m cover. If you start with one level of cover and your needs later change, you can always update it within your online account.

What covers should I consider if I'm selling art online?

In addition to public liability and product liability, you may want to consider cyber insurance and media liability insurance if you're

What is media liability cover?

Media liability cover protects against accidental trademark infringements. An example of how this might happen when selling art online is if you were to accidentally list an item using a trademarked name. Media liability would cover legal and compensation costs. Media liability is only available when purchased alongside cyber liability.

Why would I need cyber liability cover as an artist or musician?

If you're selling items online, you'll be dealing with some customer data (for example, names, addresses, payment details). Cyber cover will protect you against any data breaches involving the details of over 50 people and with GDPR in force, an accidental breach could land you with a hefty fine.

Boost your cover from £10.08 per month

Legal protection insurance

Covers compensation awards, professional fees and legal costs associated with a range of legal disputes.

We insure thousands of innovative businesses

Check out our latest posts

Authorised by the FCA

The FCA supervises UK financial services firms to protect consumers. We are directly authorised and regulated by the FCA and our Firm Reference Number is 656459. These details can be confirmed on the Financial Services Register at or by calling the FCA on 0845 606 1234.