Business contents insurance Business contents insurance

Business contents covers your laptop, phone, copier, fancy chair and pretty much all business-y things from loss or damage – whether you’re in the office, out and about or working from home.

Be quote confident. We'll beat the price of any like-for-like quote. T&Cs apply.

Not sure where to start?

Find out what covers businesses like yours choose

Find your cover

What does business contents insurance cover?

Essential cover for any business, office contents and equipment insurance protects computers, laptops or more technical machinery, documents, cash and your office contents from theft or damage.

  • Worldwide cover
  • New-for-old replacement
  • Fast claims service
  • Covers office equipment

Be quote confident

We're big on fairness. So if you find a lower price for a comparable quote, we won't just match it – we'll go one better and beat it.

So even better than apples to apples, apples to better apples. We're talking Galas to Braeburns.

As you'd expect, T&Cs apply.

Benefits of our contents and equipment insurance


Protect your kit

Whether it’s your laptop, phone, meeting table or specialist device – any loss or damage is a headache that you could do without. Our business office contents insurance will cover the costs for repair or replace your essential equipment so that you’re up and running again in no time.


Covers remote work

Many businesses today work remotely. Our policy covers your portable equipment, such as laptops and tablets, as standard.

Once you've completed a quote, you'll be able to view a summary of cover. Please always refer to your policy documents for full details around exclusions, terms and limits of your customised cover. Read our guide to understanding your policy documents.

Contents and equipment insurance guide

Find out more about business contents insurance, the risks it covers and what to look out for in a policy.

What is contents and equipment insurance?

Contents and equipment insurance covers the integral parts of your business, such as your laptop, phone, and documents, etc. Whether you work in an office or remotely – our policy covers the costs of damaged or stolen equipment.

Who is office contents insurance for?

Whether you’re a one-person business, small business or an established operation, all businesses benefit from office contents insurance/contents and equipment insurance. Our advanced protection covers the costs so that your business can get back to work without losing days of time and money.

What to watch out for in an office and equipment policy?

When purchasing your business equipment insurance policy, be aware that cover limits should be based on the replacement value of your contents, rather than the market value. Also, don’t forget to include any leased items in your totals. If your business rents an office, check with your landlord before buying business contents cover, as you may find that you’re partially covered through their business insurance.

Business contents insurance FAQs

What level of this cover does my business need and how much will it cost me?

It might seem obvious, but it all depends on how much equipment and other contents you’ve got to insure. You need to work out, in the worst case scenario, how much would it cost to replace everything in your office? That includes any cash.

Similarly, for portable equipment insurance, you need to define how much it would cost to replace the portable equipment you usually take out and about with you. For this element, it’s also important to define the territory within which you want to be covered (be that the UK only, Europe or worldwide), as this will also affect the cost of your cover.

What excess would I need to pay?

Our online office contents and personal equipment policy has a minimum excess of between £100 and £250, depending on what is being claimed for. All other expenses and costs will be covered on our side. Please be aware, however, that for offline advised clients who have tailor-made policies, the excesses do vary depending on the risk.

What else should I do to protect my belongings?

Insurance is your last line of defence, but it’s obviously preferable if your belongings stay safe and sound in the first place. This is where taking the right preventative measures come in. Make sure you keep your office locked whenever there’s nobody around or, if you’re hot-desking, don’t leave anything valuable unattended - that’s what lockers are for.

Protecting your portable belongings can be trickier, but ensure you lock your device with a password to secure your data, activate ‘find my phone’ functionality, and if you do get caught out, inform the police as soon as you can.

Boost your cover with legal protection insurance

Covers compensation awards, professional fees and legal costs associated with a range of legal disputes.

We insure thousands of innovative businesses

Check out our latest posts

Authorised by the FCA

The FCA supervises UK financial services firms to protect consumers. We are directly authorised and regulated by the FCA and our Firm Reference Number is 656459. These details can be confirmed on the Financial Services Register at or by calling the FCA on 0845 606 1234.

A-rated financial strength

Our insurance products are underwritten by Standard & Poor’s A-rated financial strength or higher. This means the underwriter has been independently assessed by the world’s leading credit rating provider and found to have a strong capacity to meet financial commitments (pay claims).

Protected by the FSCS

If you are a business with an annual turnover under £1m, charity with an annual income under £1m, or trust with net assets under £1m, then you will be entitled to compensation from the FSCS in the unlikely event we cannot meet our obligations. Full details and further information on the scheme are available at