Crafts insurance

Flexible cover for artists, crafters and their crafts, selling products online, at retail shops, or at markets. Public liability, product liability and more, by monthly subscription.

Crafts insurance quote

per month

What does crafts insurance cover?

Whether you're working at home, in your studio, or selling your art at fairs or online, we've got cover to protect your business. And if this changes from time to time, you can update your cover so that you're only ever paying for what you need.

  • Craft cover to meet your needs
  • Commitment-free monthly cover
  • No admin fees for making changes
  • No cancellation fees

Get cover for your arts and crafts business in less than 10 minutes

Change or cancel cover at any time. No penalties.

What insurance do I need for my crafts business?

Public liability insurance

Public liability for a crafts business will protect you against claims of accidental injury or property damage. If you participate in craft fairs, markets or have a pop-up shop, this cover is often required by the owner.

Product liability insurance

Product liability for a crafts business will protect you against claims of accidental injury or damage due to your product. With Superscript, it comes included with your public liability insurance (at no extra cost to you). If you sell things like candles, which are more likely to injure someone than say, a small painting, product liability is particularly useful.

Contents and equipment insurance

Business contents insurance is to cover all the physical equipment you use to run your business, from phones, cameras, laptops or special equipment and tools you use. Our policy will cover the costs for repair or replacement of your essential equipment so that you’re up and running again in no time. Our mobile protection will also cover your insured contents and equipment anywhere in the world for up to 90 days.

Employers' liability insurance

Employers' liability (EL) cover is a legal requirement for UK companies that employ staff. With our monthly subscription model it's easy to make changes to your cover as your team grows or your business evolves.

Cyber insurance

If you have an online shop or hold any personal data (for example, contact and payment information) you should think about cyber insurance. It protects sellers from claims arising from cyber and data liability as well as provides a vital support system if you experience a security breach.

We've made insuring your business simple. Get started.

Crafts insurance FAQs

Do I need public liability insurance for a craft stall?

Although public liability insurance isn't a legal requirement in the UK, you may find that the organiser of a crafts fair or market will require you to have public liability cover. If you only need it from time-to-time, our monthly subscription model means that you don't need to worry about being bound to an annual contract over months when you don't need cover.

How much public liability cover do I need?

Sometimes this is dictated by the owner of an event, or pop up space, but we offer a choice between £1m, £2m or £5m cover. If you start with one level of cover and your needs later change, you can always update it within your online account.

Do I need product liability cover for my art business?

Like public liability cover, product liability insurance isn't mandatory in the UK. However, many crafts business owners consider it, particularly when selling items which are more likely to face a claim at some point, such as handmade candles.

What covers should I consider if I'm selling crafts online?

In addition to public liability and product liability, you may want to consider cyber insurance and media liability insurance if you're selling online.

Why would I need cyber liability cover for my crafts business?

If you're selling items online, you'll be dealing with some customer data (for example, names, addresses, payment details). Cyber cover will protect you against any data breaches involving the details of over 50 people and with GDPR in force, an accidental breach could land you with a hefty fine.

What is media liability cover?

Media liability cover protects against accidental trademark infringements. An example of how this might happen when selling your arts and crafts online is if you were to accidentally list an item using a trademarked name. Media liability would cover legal and compensation costs.

Customise your cover

To simplify things, we've categorised our covers into three groups: essential covers, professional covers, and management covers. You'll be guided through these different options during the quotation process.

Essential covers

per month

Essential for all businesses needing protection against bodily injury and lost or damaged property.

Professional covers

per month

Protect against risks associated with the professional services you provide and the way you market your business.

Management cover

per month

Protect your management and shareholders against the operational risks associated with running a company.

Boost your cover from £10.08 per month

Legal protection insurance

Covers compensation awards, professional fees and legal costs associated with a range of legal disputes.

We insure thousands of innovative businesses

Check out our latest posts

Authorised by the FCA

The FCA supervises UK financial services firms to protect consumers. We are directly authorised and regulated by the FCA and our Firm Reference Number is 656459. These details can be confirmed on the Financial Services Register at or by calling the FCA on 0845 606 1234.