Home baking insurance

Easy, adaptable, instant. Cover for home baking businesses.

Home baker insurance quote

per month

What does insurance for home bakers cover?

Whether you're baking baguettes or perfecting pastries, chances are you'll face a number of common business risks. Public liability's a must if you're dashing around delivering your baked goods to customers - and if you employ anyone, you'll need to think about employers liability too.

  • Start by choosing £1m, £2m, or £5m public liability cover
  • Add employers liability, equipment cover or personal accident cover (if you need them)
  • Change or cancel any time, no fees
  • Pay monthly

Set up your home baker insurance in less than 10 minutes

Change or cancel it at any time. No penalties.

What insurance do home bakers need?

In a nutshell: protection for you, your customers and your equipment.

Public liability insurance

The most popular cover businesses, public liability insurance offers financial compensation in the event that a customer (or anyone else who isn't your employee) takes legal action against your business due to injury or property damage caused by you while you're working.

Contents and equipment insurance

Baking equipment isn't cheap and at some point, it's likely to get damaged or broken! That's why contents and equipment insurance is a no-brainer for most business with specialised equipment, as it covers the cost to repair or replace accidentally damaged contents and equipment.

Employers liability insurance

If you employ anyone, employers liability cover is a legal requirement for businesses in the UK - regardless of whether your team is made up of temporary or part-time staff.

We've made insuring your business simple. Get started.

Home baking insurance FAQs

How much does insurance for home bakers cost?

This will depend on the level and types of cover you choose for your business. Our public liability cover starts from £5.00 per month.

Do home bakers have to get insurance?

While most insurance is optional rather than mandatory, most self-employed professionals opt for public liability at the very least, as an accidental injury to a customer could result in devastating costs. Employers liability, on the other hand, is a legal requirement if you have any employees.

Will my equipment be covered if it's stored in my car, while traveling between deliveries?

Yes, if you get contents and equipment cover, your equipment will be covered while in transit.

Customise your cover

To simplify things, we've categorised our covers into three groups: essential covers, professional covers, and management covers. You'll be guided through these different options during the quotation process.

Essential covers

per month

Essential for all businesses needing protection against bodily injury and lost or damaged property.

Professional covers

per month

Protect against risks associated with the professional services you provide and the way you market your business.

Management cover

per month

Protect your management and shareholders against the operational risks associated with running a company.

Boost your cover from £10.08 per month

Legal protection insurance

Covers compensation awards, professional fees and legal costs associated with a range of legal disputes.

We insure thousands of innovative businesses

Check out our latest posts

Authorised by the FCA

The FCA supervises UK financial services firms to protect consumers. We are directly authorised and regulated by the FCA and our Firm Reference Number is 656459. These details can be confirmed on the Financial Services Register at www.fca.org.uk or by calling the FCA on 0845 606 1234.