Fitness instructor insurance Fitness instructor insurance

Whether bringing jazzercise to a client’s living room or teaching zumba in the park, a twisted ankle on your watch could lead to a claim. Custom build your policy with pick-and-choose cover.

Be quote confident. We'll beat the price of any like-for-like quote. T&Cs apply.

Not sure where to start?

Find out what covers businesses like yours choose

Find your cover

Fitness instructor insurance quote

per month

What does fitness instructor insurance cover?

Working with clients to achieve their goals can be incredibly rewarding, but it doesn't come without risks. Superscript exists to support you with customisable cover to meet the risks you face, head on. Depending on your individual set-up, you'll likely want to consider a range of business insurance products, from public liability to equipment cover.

That's why we offer protection with the flexibility to cover you exactly when and where you need it, giving you the freedom to grow from strength to strength.

10% of fitness instructors paid £5.97 a month or less for their Superscript business insurance between January and March 2023.

  • Customisable cover
  • Instant documents
  • No fees for adjusting your cover
  • UK-based support, hassle-free claims

Be quote confident

We're big on fairness. So if you find a lower price for a comparable quote, we won't just match it – we'll go one better and beat it.

So even better than apples to apples, apples to better apples. We're talking Galas to Braeburns.

As you'd expect, T&Cs apply.

Why Superscript?


Instant cover

Whether you need it today, or in 30 days' time, we can get you set up. It takes less than 10 minutes. Let us guide you through your options.


Monthly subscription

With the option to change or cancel your cover at any time, without admin fees. No more annual contracts.


Only pay for what you need

Our cover builder makes it super easy to tailor cover to your business. And change it at any anytime, in your online account.


Speedy claims

Our claims process is easy and speedy. No outsourcing to third parties or lengthy delays - all claims are handled by our team.

What insurance do fitness instructors need?

Public liability insurance

As with any job or vocation that requires working with people, public liability insurance is an important cover for fitness instructors. Sometimes "no pain, no gain" goes a little too far!

From park pothole-induced twisted ankles, to a dumbbell on someone’s toes, if it happens under your instruction, you could end up with a claim on your hands. It's not a legal requirement, but is one of the most popular covers for businesses.

Two reasons why you might want to consider it:

  1. If you’re renting space, it’s likely that the owner will require you to have a public liability insurance in place, and may even specify a minimum level of cover.
  2. Could you afford the cost of a potential claim?

Professional indemnity insurance

As a fitness instructor, clients may seek your advice. With all the best will in the world, you can’t be sure that the advice you give is always going to be helpful. Perhaps the client left out key information when they sought your guidance, or simply interpreted your suggestions incorrectly. Either way, if it results in injury, they may sue you. Professional indemnity insurance covers legal and compensation costs in relation to this type of claim against you.

Our PI also includes media liability insurance, which relates to any media (e.g. images, information) that you share in a professional capacity. This may be particularly relevant to you if you run a blog or social media accounts, as it covers things like accidental copyright infringement.

Sports equipment insurance

Our equipment insurance will cover the cost of repair or replacement of your equipment. Whether you own or rent your own dedicated gym space, filled with your equipment and furniture, or you transport your equipment to different locations for class (e.g. client’s homes, the park, rented space), you may want to think about getting it insured.

Employers' liability insurance

If you hire any full-time or part-time employees, you’ll need employers' liability insurance. It works in the same way as public liability insurance, except that it’s designed to cover injury and damage affecting your employees, rather than members of the public. It’s the only element of business insurance that’s a legal requirement, if you have employees.

Once you've completed a quote, you'll be able to view a summary of cover. Please always refer to your policy documents for full details around exclusions, terms and limits of your customised cover. Read our guide to understanding your policy documents.

We insure thousands of innovative businesses

Check out our latest posts

Authorised by the FCA

The FCA supervises UK financial services firms to protect consumers. We are directly authorised and regulated by the FCA and our Firm Reference Number is 656459. These details can be confirmed on the Financial Services Register at or by calling the FCA on 0845 606 1234.

A-rated financial strength

Our insurance products are underwritten by Standard & Poor’s A-rated financial strength or higher. This means the underwriter has been independently assessed by the world’s leading credit rating provider and found to have a strong capacity to meet financial commitments (pay claims).

Protected by the FSCS

If you are a business with an annual turnover under £1m, charity with an annual income under £1m, or trust with net assets under £1m, then you will be entitled to compensation from the FSCS in the unlikely event we cannot meet our obligations. Full details and further information on the scheme are available at