Business insurance for photographers

Whether you work alone or manage a crew, we offer flexible, customisable photography insurance from £5.13 a month.

Bespoke insurance for your business

per month

What is photographers' insurance?

Award-winning, worldwide insurance built for the needs of modern creative professionals. Our business insurance covers all the risks you face while running your projects.

  • Worldwide cover
  • Change or cancel anytime
  • Pay monthly
  • Instant documents

Set up your photographers' insurance in less than 10 minutes

Change or cancel it at any time, as your business evolves.

What insurance do photographers need?

Public liability insurance

It's often a contractual requirement for photographers, but if you are interacting with the public and clients your top priority should be public liability cover. This ensures that you’re protected in the event of any personal injury or property damage claims made against you.

Photography equipment insurance

Another essential cover, contents and equipment cover protects all your specialist photo and video equipment and other kit, including laptops, phones, documents and cash. Most of our claims are settled within 48 hours so we will get you up and running again in no time. It also includes worldwide cover if you travel abroad for up to 90 days.

Professional indemnity insurance

Our professional indemnity insurance is one of the most innovative covers available online. It provides advanced, all-round protection for photographers and covers mistakes arising from your services. It includes compensation payments if your client suffers financial loss, fines, contract disputes, legal costs, IP and copyright disputes.

Media liability insurance

Automatically included within our professional indemnity and cyber insurance, media liability is important for photographers as it covers for negligence in media content and advertising, including websites, blogs and social media. Importantly, it covers claims for IP infringement, breach of confidentiality, right to privacy, and breach of comparative advertising regulations.

Employers' liability insurance

Employers' liability (EL) cover is a legal requirement for UK companies, regardless of whether your team is made up of temporary or part-time staff. It gives your team reassurance, while protecting your business.

We've made insuring your business simple. Get started.

Photographers' insurance FAQs

How much does photography insurance cost?

This will depend on the individual covers and cover limits you select, but our cover for photographers starts at £5.13 a month.

Do freelance photographers need insurance?

Though not a legal requirement, freelance photographers may find that certain contracts, sets or venues require you to have a certain level of cover, generally including public liability insurance and professional indemnity insurance. Many photographers also choose to take out contents and equipment cover.

Do I need public liability insurance as a photographer?

Public liability insurance is a popular cover for photographers. This is because a lot of photography work involves working with and around members of the public; from clients to models. An accident involving you or your equipment and a member of the public resulting in injury or property damage could land you with expensive legal fees and compensation costs.

Why is professional indemnity insurance important for photographers?

Professional indemnity insurance for any professional working under contracts with clients or other businesses. For example, if a client were to sue you due to being unhappy with your work (even if you feel you fulfilled the terms of your contract), you may benefit from the protection of professional indemnity cover which would cover the associated legal fees and compensation costs.

Is my photography equipment insured abroad?

Our contents and equipment cover will cover you for 90 days' work abroad for your policy period (one year from your policy start date).

Does your insurance cover my photography equipment while stored in a vehicle?

Our contents and equipment cover will cover your equipment while stored out of sight in a locked vehicle.

We insure thousands of innovative businesses

Check out our latest posts

Authorised by the FCA

The FCA supervises UK financial services firms to protect consumers. We are directly authorised and regulated by the FCA and our Firm Reference Number is 656459. These details can be confirmed on the Financial Services Register at or by calling the FCA on 0845 606 1234.