Business insurance for videographers

Flexible, customisable business insurance for videographers. Get covered today from £5.00 a month.

Not sure where to start?

Find out what covers businesses like yours choose

Find your cover

Bespoke insurance for your business

per month

What does videographers' insurance cover?

Whether you're filming a couples' special day or on a commercial shoot, having the right insurance is essential to the security of your business. Expensive equipment, wires and people are a risky mix and can combust into all manner of chaotic situations, potentially landing you with a claim on your hands.

Superscript's cover gives you the freedom to build cover to meet your business's risks on a flexible basis, meaning you can build the cover you need now and adjust it at any time, as and when your needs change.

  • Worldwide cover
  • Instant cover and documents
  • No charges to make changes
  • Zero cancellation fees

Set up your videographers' insurance in less than 10 minutes

Change or cancel it at any time, as your business evolves.

What insurance do videographers need?

Public liability insurance

Often a contractual requirement for videographers, public liability insurance offers cover for legal and compensation costs in relation to a claim against you if you accidentally cause injury or property damage to a member of the public while you're working.

Contents and equipment insurance

Another important cover for videographers, contents and equipment insurance protects your specialist video equipment and other kit, including laptops, phones, documents and even cash. Worldwide cover is included, for travel abroad for up to 90 days.

Employers liability insurance

Employers liability insurance is a legal requirement for UK businesses with any employees at all, regardless of whether your team is made up of temporary or part-time staff. If you work alone, this isn't one you need.

Personal accident insurance

Our personal accident cover pays a lump sum if anyone working for your business suffers an accident while at work resulting in loss of sight, hearing, speech or a limb, or death.

Professional indemnity insurance

Professional indemnity insurance provides cover for your contracts with clients or other businesses. For example, if a client were to sue you due to being unhappy with your work (even if you feel you fulfilled the terms of your contract), you may benefit from the protection of professional indemnity cover which would cover the associated legal fees and compensation costs.

Media liability insurance

Automatically included with our professional indemnity and cyber covers, media liability is important for videographers as it covers for negligence in media content and advertising, including websites, blogs and social media. Most importantly, it covers claims for IP infringement, breach of confidentiality, right to privacy, and breach of comparative advertising regulations.

We've made insuring your business simple. Get started.

Videographers' insurance FAQs

How much does videography insurance cost?

This will depend on the individual covers and cover limits you select, but our videographers insurance starts at £5.00 a month.

Do freelance videographers need insurance?

Though not a legal requirement, freelance videographers may find that certain contracts or venues require a certain level of cover, generally including public liability insurance and professional indemnity insurance. Many photographers also choose to take out contents and equipment cover.

Do I need public liability insurance as a videographer?

Although not a legal requirement, public liability insurance is a must for videographers. An accident involving you or your equipment and a member of the public resulting in injury or property damage could land you with expensive legal fees and compensation costs.

Why is professional indemnity insurance important for videographers?

Professional indemnity insurance is important for any business working contractually with clients or other businesses. For example, you may benefit from the protection of professional indemnity cover if a client were to sue you due to being unhappy with your work, as it would potentially cover the associated legal fees and compensation costs.

Is my video equipment insured abroad?

Our contents and equipment cover will cover you for 90 days' work abroad for your policy period (one year from your policy start date).

Does your insurance cover my equipment while stored in a vehicle?

Our contents and equipment cover will cover your equipment while stored out of sight in a locked vehicle.

We insure thousands of innovative businesses

Check out our latest posts

Authorised by the FCA

The FCA supervises UK financial services firms to protect consumers. We are directly authorised and regulated by the FCA and our Firm Reference Number is 656459. These details can be confirmed on the Financial Services Register at or by calling the FCA on 0845 606 1234.

A-rated financial strength

Our insurance products are underwritten by Standard & Poor’s A-rated financial strength or higher. This means the underwriter has been independently assessed by the world’s leading credit rating provider and found to have a strong capacity to meet financial commitments (pay claims).

Protected by the FSCS

If you are a business with an annual turnover under £1m, charity with an annual income under £1m, or trust with net assets under £1m, then you will be entitled to compensation from the FSCS in the unlikely event we cannot meet our obligations. Full details and further information on the scheme are available at