Working from home insurance

Is your business working from home? Home insurance and not all business policies will cover work-related risks.

Working from home insurance quote

per month

WFH insurance

Working from home or running a business at home doesn't come with all the same risks as working from an office or a public place, but you'll still need to think about business insurance.

  • Select your level of protection
  • Update your cover as your needs evolve
  • No fees to change or cancel cover
  • Pay monthly

Get your business insurance in less than 10 minutes

Flexible monthly subscription. No fees to change or cancel your cover.

What insurance does my business need when working from home?


Professional indemnity

Covering you for the professional work you do for clients. Professional indemnity insurance is important for any business that offers advice or a professional service. If a client believes you've made a mistake or given them bad advice to their financial detriment, they could hold you liable for their losses.


Cyber and data security insurance

Working from home brings about circumstances that increase the risk of a cyber-attack which could cause business interruption or a data breach. Any business using computers or holding customer data should consider the benefits of cyber insurance.


Contents and equipment cover

Even if you have home contents cover, this likely won't cover your business equipment. Our business contents insurance covers your business equipment, including portable devices, wherever you're working - including up to 90 days abroad each year.


Employers liability insurance

A legal requirement for any business with employees, employers liability insurance covers damage or injury to employees due to their work. We offer up to £10 million cover and automatically cover employees who work from home.

We've made insuring your business simple. Get started.

Working from home insurance FAQs

Does home insurance cover working from home?

Likely not. Most household insurance policies won't cover commercial activities (including working from home). If you work for a company, then that company won’t be party to your household insurance contract either, so it’s important that the company has its own insurance policy which covers employees working from home.

What if circumstances change and we move to working at an office?

We understand that running a business sometimes requires reacting quickly to different circumstances. That's why flexibility is built into our offering.

If you find yourself moving into an office space, just let us know so that we can make sure you have the right cover. We'll never charge you fees for making changes - or even for cancelling your cover.

Do we need public liability insurance if we're working from home?

This depends. It's not a legal requirement, but consider whether you're likely to encounter a situation in which a client could become injured or their property damaged, due to your work. For example, if a client were to visit your home office and trip over a cable, or you were to spill a cup of coffee on their laptop.

Do I have to tell you that my business is working from home?

No, we understand that working from home is increasingly common. In light of this, our cover automatically covers working from home.

Customise your cover

To simplify things, we've categorised our covers into three groups: essential covers, professional covers, and management covers. You'll be guided through these different options during the quotation process.

Essential covers

per month

Essential for all businesses needing protection against bodily injury and lost or damaged property.

Professional covers

per month

Protect against risks associated with the professional services you provide and the way you market your business.

Management cover

per month

Protect your management and shareholders against the operational risks associated with running a company.

Boost your cover from £10.08 per month

Legal protection insurance

Covers compensation awards, professional fees and legal costs associated with a range of legal disputes.

We insure thousands of innovative businesses

Check out our latest posts

Authorised by the FCA

The FCA supervises UK financial services firms to protect consumers. We are directly authorised and regulated by the FCA and our Firm Reference Number is 656459. These details can be confirmed on the Financial Services Register at or by calling the FCA on 0845 606 1234.

A-rated financial strength

Our insurance products are underwritten by Standard & Poor’s A-rated financial strength or higher. This means the underwriter has been independently assessed by the world’s leading credit rating provider and found to have a strong capacity to meet financial commitments (pay claims).

Protected by the FSCS

If you are a business with an annual turnover under £1m, charity with an annual income under £1m, or trust with net assets under £1m, then you will be entitled to compensation from the FSCS in the unlikely event we cannot meet our obligations. Full details and further information on the scheme are available at