Chief Executive Officer
We’re thrilled to announce that CB Insights has named Superscript to the third annual Fintech 250! A prestigious list of emerging private companies working on groundbreaking financial technology.
2020 Fintech 250 Highlights
- Unicorns: 32 of the 250 companies are valued at or above $1B as of their latest funding round
- Funding trends: YTD, these 250 private companies have raised $10.3B in equity funding across 120 deals (as of 8/26/20)
- Mega-rounds: Since 2019, there have been 87 mega-round ($100M+) equity investments to this year’s Fintech 250, with 35 of them in 2020 YTD (as of 8/25/20)
Global representation: 46% of the 2020 Fintech 250 are based outside the US. After the US, the UK is home to the most Fintech 250 companies (38), followed by India (20)
"We're proud to, once again, recognize the 250 best private fintech companies globally. This year's Fintech 250 represents 25 countries and spans 19 categories -- reimagining everything from retail banking and crypto, to insurance and asset management," said CB Insights CEO, Anand Sanwal. "The previous Fintech 250 class raised more than $22 billion in investor financing and saw more than 20 exits after being recognized, and we expect this year's class will have similar success as they continue to transform how people and businesses spend, save, borrow, and invest their money."
CB Insights’ Fintech 250 is very well respected in the industry. And for good reason, when you look at some of the global, household names that have been included over the years. I’m very proud to see Superscript included this year, alongside such a stellar line-up (including some of our partners: Starling Bank and Revolut). The accolade comes at a great time for us as a business.
In 2020 so far we have:
- Raised $10.4m in Series A funding
- Recently rebranded from Digital Risks to Superscript, marking the next chapter in our journey to transform business insurance
- Grown our team to almost 50 people
- Surpassed our 1000th Trustpilot review, with an average rating of 4.8/5
...and much more!
Bring on 2021!
About Fintech 250
Through an evidence-based approach, the CB Insights Intelligence Unit selected the Fintech 250 from a pool of 16,000 companies, including applicants and nominees, based on several factors. These factors include patent activity, investor quality, news sentiment analysis, proprietary Mosaic scores, market potential, partnerships, competitive landscape, team strength, and tech novelty. The Mosaic Score, based on CB Insights’ algorithm, measures the overall health and growth potential of private companies to help predict a company’s momentum.
We've made buying insurance simple. Get started.
- 08 March 20234 minute read
Five leading incubators at the heart of UK tech
The UK tech startup space is in rude health. Let's meet five of the most significant tech startup incubators helping fledgling UK startups break new ground.
- 22 February 20234 minute read
Tech for Good - who's who
What is Tech for Good and which players are leading growing this global movement?
- 15 February 20234 minute read
Investors turn to insurance for portfolio company risk transfer
Let's explore why it's so important that investors take an active role in ensuring their portfolio companies are appropriately insured.